Bragging rights - heroic events of immense kudos achieved before you lost your edge

nochexxx

harco pronting
i am part of gaeodjiparls admin team

i once had a job interview with chris blackwell.

i once raved next to bob mortimer.

i tried having a conversation with the aphex twin but due to being boxed on drugs and an overwhelming sense of shyness, fuck all came out.

i've bear hugged robin guthrie.

one of my releases is included within the discogs section on kool keith website.

i instigated janek schaeffer breaking a world record in vinyl smashing.

alex

Do not read this.
Okay, here is another I just remembered.

When we were in school we used to have green slips (if you were naughty, but not that naughty, detention, on your file) and red slips (very naughty, suspended/sent home)

They had a fate on a saturday once and had Richard Blackwood giving a talk on something or another. Anyway, me & my friend Lanre (joker) went to our head of years office to go through our files & get all the green & red slips we had ammased over the period of school, just to make our files a bit better. Went in there & richard was getting ready for his talk, we were a bit starstruck, but this didnt put us off taking this oppertunity to make our files look better, so we asked him to keep quiet, he was like "look, I dont care what yous 2 are doing, I never saw anything"

Lanre then spudded him & we left..

Was pretty surreal..I just couldnt stop thinking of that enema he had live on channel 4...

D

droid

Nothing of interest to add. All mine are minor encounters with Electronica/jungle producers.

A friend was recently at Selma Hayek's wedding in Venice though. He was full of hilarious stories involving Woody Harrelson (smokes weed constantly), Javier Bardem, Lucy Liu, Jaques Chirac, Charlize Theron etc... surreal stuff.

BareBones

wheezy
well done to whoever punched that douchebag from selfish cunt, he was the barman in my local when i used to live in stepney and he was such an annoying twat.

around the same time i was stuck in camden one night and i randomly bumped into pete doherty on the street and he gave me 20 quid to get home. he went up in my estimation after that.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
oh and i'm openning up for </EMBED>

at the
54px-Brandenburg_gate_sunset.jpg
in August

Where? When? I don't understand pictograms.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
i served kate moss a double gnt once. she got ridiculously narcy saying she only wanted 2 ice cubes, not 3. the bar was mad busy so i reached into her drink and took out an ice cube and gave it back to her. she was NOT pleased, shot me death stares all night and got her shifty mate from primal scream to threaten me. eurgh horrible sweating whining itchy-nose byartch. i got fired cos the bar manager was her drugbuddy. so worth it.

bob effect

somnambulist
Saw Kenickie's first gig upstairs at the Royalty in Sunderland. Their parents came and picked them up at the end.

Had my 909 used (and signed) by Jeff Mills

Supported Squarepusher once, he came back to my house to score afterwards and then got all paranoid and left.

Met Johnny Morris when I was a kid, but was too shy to talk to him, much to his amusement.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
my friend gets major kudos for this. he was in barbados and was sitting on a little raft/pontoon about 50m from the shore quite near the famed sleb/papparazzi hangout the sandy lane hotel. he spotted a bulbous, redfaced bouy bobbing towards him and recognised it as noneother than michael winner, the acclaimed film-maker, raconteur, restauranteur, shitstirreur, bullshitteur, etc... so my friend invited him to eff off and find his own pontoon and prevented winner from climbing aboard by splashing water in his face, so after a few minutes he was forced to swim back to shore for a rest. my friend always smiles at the part when he describes how winner was too out of breath to reply with his usual (and notoriously foul-mouthed) ferocity.

gumdrops

this is the best ive got i think.

i once got asked for k (must have been an early wonky fan) by the guy who played sol in hollyoaks in a sort of swish west end nightclub. i was taking a piss at the time and he came to join me, convinced i was a dealer or just happened to have k (no idea why).

STN

sou'wester
i once got asked for k (must have been an early wonky fan) by the guy who played sol in hollyoaks in a sort of swish west end nightclub. i was taking a piss at the time and he came to join me, convinced i was a dealer or just happened to have k (no idea why).

Paul Danan. What an eminently punchable face. He looks like a scowling turtle.