IdleRich

IdleRich
Ah yes, seeing this on twitter, an over 60s oyster card is a valid ID but an over 18 one isn't. So Tory demographic can use it to vote and non-Tory demographic cannot, how convenient.

IdleRich

IdleRich
The good news is that the new budget seems to have decreased Tories by a further five percent in the polling. They seem to be absolutely clueless - one budget almost crashed the economy, the next is alienating their base. I'm seeing millions of Tory voters (well at least three) say things such as:

There is no point to the Tories if all they do is surrender to the Left

The conservatives current approach is to tax the poor then send it to Ukraine/Pakistan

This could turn out to be the week that the Tories lost the next election

IdleRich

IdleRich
Bruges Group; After ousting Johnson and Truss, it was only a matter of time before the Wets decided to pursue closer ties with the EU. This government serves vested establishment interests, not the British people. It is not worth supporting.

Keep seeing this word "wets" recently, fairly self-explanatory I guess.

IdleRich

IdleRich
The good news is that the new budget seems to have decreased Tories by a further five percent in the polling. They seem to be absolutely clueless - one budget almost crashed the economy, the next is alienating their base. I'm seeing millions of Tory voters (well at least three) say things such as:

It's difficult to see what they could do differently at this point of course... the thing I blame them for is getting us to this point.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I mean, he said the reason to play Don't Stop Me Now was cos Hancunt was a cock, if that was not true then there would be no reason to play the song. Her playing it, even after apologising, clearly showed that the reason to play the song was valid.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Here's a prediction for 2023: Michelle Mone is made an example of and forced to pay back her ill-gotten gains (while everyone else who cashed in on the fast-track covid procurement gravy train gets off scot free), sets up an OnlyFans to make ends meet.

version

There's a story going round they've privately agreed to bump the retirement age up to 68 by the end of the 2030s.

Last edited:

Leo

A million French citizens are striking over an attempt to raise theirs from 62 to 64, sacré bleu!

it's all about cost savings, of course, but governments couch the argument as people have a longer life expectancy, so a later retirement is all relative. sure, people live longer on average, but that doesn't mean lots of blue collar/manual labor workers are physically able to continue doing their jobs in their late 60s. it's different for everyone who just sits at a computer, Gus and Stan will keep working until they're 80. or in Gus' case, with his diet and optimization protocols, probably 150.

version

It also means a bunch of younger people will have paid in for other people's pensions but will never get one themselves.