mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
haven't had time to look over everything in this thread but i'm sure whatever we (you guys) decide will be nothing short of eye opening... the church looks mad...

i will find out the address of the place i'll be staying friday night, so we can coordinate sunday better. i'll likely be up and about sometime after noon... it's a crazy week, playing both thursday night and friday night, but i should have some life left in me if i don't take too much drugs the nights before.

so who needs guest list for Guanabara friday night? it's going be a "mainstream" Ngoma set LOLOL

idle rich
Baboon
Mr. Sloane
Sufi?
Tea?
who else?

Me plus one as well please Zhao, the Doc's gonna come

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'd love to come too zhao, if you could GL me that'd be awesome. Thanks!

Edit: panda sauce - crikey! *worried*

PS my real name is Ollie.

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
alright here is the dissensus list:

Idle Rich + Katie
Mister Sloane +1
David M. + 1
Sufi+1
Mister Tea +1
Baboon +1
Grizzleb +1

(wonder what happened to John Eden? anyone know if he's been out of town or something?)

should we decide on a time and place to meet for sunday now? i feel like if we don't make a decision now it's going to be organizational chaos...

how about 4PM somewhere... (i'll be coming from Hackney)

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Thanks Zhao - much appreciated! Er, are we there under our D'sus monikers?

4pm at the Salisbury on Green Lanes....?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I love the idea of a photo of a guy in a scary mask that looks a bit like Freddy Mercury, Michael Jackson (plus E.T.), a baboon, a morose panda etc. all chilling together over a pint in a Victorian pub in north London...

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
me craner and jim were stopped by armed police outside the gasworks where kubirck shot that film and accused of being terrorists or something. thats was a funny timee in the world early 00s and pure stupidnss everywhere, not least from craner incidently.

I would just like the clear the record on this. We were loitering around an area of open land that was fenced off by 15ft high wire meshing -- Luka was poking around trying to get underneath the mesh and Jim was fiddling with his Super 8 camera when the armed police arrived. This was right next to London City airport, by the way, in the paranoid year running up to...7/7. (So, not so paranoid, after all.) Luke and Jim tried to talk their way out of the situation by saying something like, "is that gun loaded, mate?"

I mean, I would've arrested us.

zhao

there are no accidents
Thanks Zhao - much appreciated! Er, are we there under our D'sus monikers?

4pm at the Salisbury on Green Lanes....?

yes everyone is with their aliases since most of you i don't know the real name of.

4pm at the Salisbury on Green Lanes sounds good. it is easy to get to?

and cool Slim you are coming. we can argue about jazz in person :D

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
4pm at the Salisbury on Green Lanes sounds good. it is easy to get to?

Dead easy - loads of buses go up the Lanes, or you can get the tube to Manor House and walk up (10-15 mins walk) or you can get the overground train to Harringay Green Lanes station (be sure to turn right onto Green Lanes itself) and walk for ~5 mins.

It's this bloody great gnarly thing:

pic2053.jpg

on the corner with St. Ann's Road, on the east side of the Lanes.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I would just like the clear the record on this. We were loitering around an area of open land that was fenced off by 15ft high wire meshing -- Luka was poking around trying to get underneath the mesh and Jim was fiddling with his Super 8 camera when the armed police arrived. This was right next to London City airport, by the way, in the paranoid year running up to...7/7. (So, not so paranoid, after all.) Luke and Jim tried to talk their way out of the situation by saying something like, "is that gun loaded, mate?"

I mean, I would've arrested us.

Ha, Craner the eternal apologist for the security state and its thuggish minions...

Although I love the idea of would-be terrorists armed with a Super 8 camera:

MISSION STATEMENT:

1) Overthrow the kuffar state and institute the global Caliphate
2) Challenge the stifling hegemony of digital video