IdleRich

IdleRich
well yeah that's what i wanted to get at too which is why i asked for examples and there are maybe three there.
Well I think there are more than that but the fewer there are the more it bears out my claim that Marvel is grinding creativity into the dust so...

IdleRich

IdleRich
When Bronson was 10 years old, his father died and he went to work in the coal mines, first in the mining office and then in the mine.[3] He later said he earned one dollar for each ton of coal that he mined.[11] In another interview, he said that he had to work double shifts to earn $1 a week.[14] Bronson later recounted that he and his brother engaged in dangerous work removing "stumps" between the mines, and that cave-ins were common.[14]

The family suffered extreme poverty during the Great Depression, and Bronson recalled going hungry many times. His mother could not afford milk for his younger sister, so she was fed warm tea instead.[14] His family was so poor that he once had to wear his sister's dress to school for lack of clothing.[15][16] Bronson was the first member of his family to graduate from high school.

Bronson worked in the mine until he enlisted in the United States Army Air Forces in 1943 during World War II.[3] He served in the 760th Flexible Gunnery Training Squadron, and in 1945 as a Boeing B-29 Superfortress aerial gunner with the Guam-based 61st Bombardment Squadron[17] within the 39th Bombardment Group, which conducted combat missions against the Japanese home islands.[18] He flew 25 missions and received a Purple Heart for wounds received in battle.[19]

I thought he was from Eastern Europe?

constant escape

winter withered, warm
The Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy
Xmen Days of Future Past
Xmen First Class

Captain America: Civil War
Avengers: Endgame
Ant-Man
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Thor: Ragnarok
Captain Marvel
Spiderman homecoming
Avengers: Infinity War
Iron Man
Black Panther
Spiderman far from home
Doctor Strange
The Wolverine
Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2
Captain America: The First Avenger
Deadpool
Xmen origins wolverine

Ant-Man 2
Iron Man 3
Thor
Avengers 2: Age of Ultron
Iron Man 2
Xmen Apocalypse
Incredible Hulk
Thor 2

edit: crossed out non-MCU marvel films

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
That's one of the things that stands out about Kurosawa and Leone films. They always have these leering grotesques in the windows of the town, close ups on some bloke with about two teeth, a monobrow and peeling sunburn.
I agree with this in hollywood at least... look at that guy who is in all the Robbe-Grillet (again) films, that's a face and a half.
Also the people Balabanov used, or Alexei German in Hard To Be A God.

version

I thought we were just talking about the MCU, not all the old X-Men films etc. The MCU starts with Iron Man in 2008.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Plus they're gonna crank out like ten new disney+ series, actually tying into the MCU, unlike the netflix series like Daredevil/Luke Cage/Jessica Jones/Punisher/Iron Fist.

Luke Cage had one of my favorite villains, Cottonmouth, played by Mahershala Ali. Also Jon Bernthal as Punisher was good. Really the netflix shows were enjoyable. They acknowledge the MCU, but not vice versa.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Its really getting more and more sprawling. And slowly more egalitarian.

In film school in Chicago, the MCU was veritably hallowed ground for many of the students. Even many of the students who had an appreciation for classics/foreigns.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Its borderline religious in some cases. Theres obviously exegetic headspace to occupy fans for insane lengths of time, connecting elements between films, between films and comics, etc.