shakahislop

Yeah they'll fuck up your order Shaka, tip the lady or gent. Especially if you're a regular or you spend time sitting there. If you're getting an espresso to go, at some random Midtown joint, sure, whatever. If it's your neighborhood spot and you're gonna hang out reading you better break out that billfold baby
this hasn't happened to me, except that one place i talked about earlier. i've had plenty of good relationships with neighborhood baristas not tipping. it doesn't seem to be a problem.

shakahislop

since we're on the subject, I paid to get into a gig tonight - ambient, which is so popular right now as has been discussed - and the screen swung round with a 20% tip pre-selected, for the ticket, i stared at it for five seconds wondering if this is also something you're apparently supposed to tip for, but in the end wisdom prevailed and I changed it to 'no tip'. brooklyn POS mafia

linebaugh

since we're on the subject, I paid to get into a gig tonight - ambient, which is so popular right now as has been discussed - and the screen swung round with a 20% tip pre-selected, for the ticket, i stared at it for five seconds wondering if this is also something you're apparently supposed to tip for, but in the end wisdom prevailed and I changed it to 'no tip'. brooklyn POS mafia
How old are you shaka? And are you originally from the island?

luka

time moves more slowly when you're young. you'reattuned to the micro-alterations of fashion. you know precisely how wide a trouser leg is supposed to be. that phase is over before you hit your mid-20s. 32 you're shopping for duvet covers and fabric softener.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Shaka has a kind of all things to all people appeal, I have it in my head that he grew up near me, in or at least close to Didcot. I can't really remember where that idea came from, but I do know that if it turns out not to be true I will feel angry, hurt and misled.