sus

Stan has invited me to another event, a "literary nft pop up gallery." Do you guys think I should go? It might be important to document. For the culture. You know.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Stan invited me to a panel talk and I showed up and he was talking to some middle-aged bloke and I kept thinking Wow, this guy is really boring. And then...
I really thought you were gonna say "and it turned out that guy was Mixed Biscuits."

IdleRich

IdleRich
My favorite part of the conference was when this one founder, she was talking about the company she started, she said "Well, Zoomers aren't reading and they all have 9-second attention spans and get all their news from social media, so we thought we'd make a social media app that provides unbiased news in 9-second chunks for them instead. But then we discovered that people didn't actually want unbiased news, so we dropped that part and focused on the format. Now we have AI generate all our content, it's going very well"
So an app that produces just the right amount of nonsense?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Stan has invited me to another event, a "literary nft pop up gallery." Do you guys think I should go? It might be important to document. For the culture. You know.

nah, way less relevant than plastic unknown artist beatport white labels from 2008

shakahislop

Never been to the current one, and only went to the original Stone on C and 2nd a couple of times but should have gone more often. Not sure what the current one is like but the original wasn't a club in the proper sense. In a former Chinese restaurant, bare bones, just a room, no bar, usually a high proportion of The Wire readers in the audience.
made it there. music was good, three lads making a racket basically. there's a lot to like in terms of the set-up, but having it at the new school makes it feel like an extracurricular activity for students.

Reactions: Leo

shakahislop

when the inevitable nostalgia for the present moment comes into being, twenty years down the line in 2043 or whenever, the L train is going to feature prominently i think. at a minimum the geography of whatever is going on creatively in new york has been determined by that train. the strict demarcation of manhattan and (north) brooklyn nightlife is a cultural demarcation, totally different things going on on either side of the river.

Reactions: sus

dilbert1

I’ll be visiting and cat-sitting for a friend in the Ridgewood/Glendale area June 7th til around the 20th. Going to a ‘bar italia’ show with my girlfriend which I can only imagine will be crawling with mafiosos (they have four sold out shows booked in the city that week). Any other mafia-tourism activities you guys might recommend/warn against?

• Wow
Reactions: sus

dilbert1

@luka Much too innocent and timeless. I’m looking to be bad and sample the pseudo-zeitgeist. Could be a nice plan B to flee to, though, in the event that proves to be overly repulsive