Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
If I had to get more specific, I’d suggest that the regulations focus on A) checking the integrity of risk management in these exchanges, and B) combatting insider trading and front-running. That said, I’m no expert on how these exchanges are run, or the current array of regulations they face.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Personally I wouldn’t be against a nuanced crackdown on centralized exchanges, so long as the collateral damage on non-financial applications is minimized.
Also so long as the regulations don’t blindly fetter the develop of DeFi, which I think needs to be approached with a different set of regulatory lenses.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I’m also under the impression that the US government is under-equipped in terms of on-chain investigative talent. There arguably should be, and perhaps already is, a blockchain forensics unit within the FBI. Would be my best guess on where to situate such a unit in the government.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Right now my unconfirmed understanding is that the US government works with private blockchain analytics firms like Chainalysis, which utilize advanced big data tools to analyze on-chain phenomena. There may also be certain arrangements whereby Chainalysis has clearance to the KYC/AML databases of these exchanges, but again that is just my suspicion. I haven’t looked into it yet.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Tether always stank, I've only held it for as long as it took to exchange it
Same. Did you see the Protos investigative report I shared a while back? Essentially an OSINT audit of Tether and its parent corporations.

As far as regulated stablecoins go, I've been using USDC. Algorithmic stablecoins, DAI.

Lobby3 got around $77,000 worth of DAI from Gitcoin grants, and we've been able to use that to give our own grants, pay legal counsel, and start supporting research efforts.

Same. Did you see the Protos investigative report I shared a while back? Essentially an OSINT audit of Tether and its parent corporations.

As far as regulated stablecoins go, I've been using USDC. Algorithmic stablecoins, DAI.

Lobby3 got around $77,000 worth of DAI from Gitcoin grants, and we've been able to use that to give our own grants, pay legal counsel, and start supporting research efforts.
Yes, USDC preferred as CB is a good on- and offramp.
I've heard rumblings about BUSD as well, about Binance in general and a recent failed audit.

How are you finding ChatGPT?

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Yes, USDC preferred as CB is a good on- and offramp.
I've heard rumblings about BUSD as well, about Binance in general and a recent failed audit.

How are you finding ChatGPT?
Very impressed so far. I told it to write an article about decentralized work arrangements in DAOs, and it actually wrote a smooth and coherent article, albeit a bit superficial.

Very impressed so far. I told it to write an article about decentralized work arrangements in DAOs, and it actually wrote a smooth and coherent article, albeit a bit superficial.

I listed what I had in my fridge a couple of lunches ago and it came back with an excellent frittata recipe.

There's a growing list of prompts to try on github https://github.com/f/awesome-chatgpt-prompts

OpenAi founder talking about owning the lightcone of all technological innovation from now on...

It's also gotten me into midjourney.ai, which I'd missed tbh, via this prompt

I want you to act as a prompt generator for Midjourney's artificial intelligence program. Your job is to provide detailed and creative descriptions that will inspire unique and interesting images from the AI. Keep in mind that the AI is capable of understanding a wide range of language and can interpret abstract concepts, so feel free to be as imaginative and descriptive as possible. For example, you could describe a scene from a futuristic city, or a surreal landscape filled with strange creatures. The more detailed and imaginative your description, the more interesting the resulting image will be. Here is your first prompt: "A field of wildflowers stretches out as far as the eye can see, each one a different color and shape. In the distance, a massive tree towers over the landscape, its branches reaching up to the sky like tentacles.

Someone published a kid's book using ChatGPT and midjourney for the illustrations https://time.com/6240569/ai-childrens-book-alice-and-sparkle-artists-unhappy/ and the reviews show he hit a nerve https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alice-Sparkle-exciting-childrens-technology

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Yup, re: Binance.

Somehow Nexo has managed to stay afloat through all this, but I've started porting my assets off there anyway