luka

its one of those things that once it clicks you cant understand why you didnt always understand it.

luka

its absolutely sublime. all those layered vocals. its really discrete but it has peaks and troughs once you get used to its affectless terrain.

• Haha
Reactions: sus

luka

im intersted in how he never heard this music. he never heard it so was never able to communicate what it does. literally never heard it in his life. just wanked to the video loads. mental.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I'd like 300 words about "You're Beautiful" on my desk by morning
OpenAI:

Write a 300-word critical analysis about the song "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt, in the style of Pierre Bourdieu.

James Blunt's song "You're Beautiful" can be analyzed through the lens of Pierre Bourdieu's theories of cultural production and consumption. Bourdieu argued that the production and consumption of cultural products, such as music, are shaped by social structures and power relationships. In the case of "You're Beautiful," we can see how the song's production and reception are influenced by larger cultural and economic forces.

Firstly, the production of "You're Beautiful" can be understood as a reflection of the music industry's dominant taste culture. The song's melody, lyrics, and production style conform to the popular music norms of the time, and the song's success can be seen as a result of its ability to appeal to a wide audience. This conformist approach to musical production can be seen as a product of the industry's reliance on market research and data analysis to determine which songs will be successful.

In terms of consumption, "You're Beautiful" can be seen as an example of the way that music can serve as a form of social distinction. By listening to and enjoying the song, individuals can signal their cultural tastes and affiliations to others. The song's widespread popularity and cultural impact can be seen as evidence of its ability to appeal to a broad cross-section of society, including those who are part of the dominant cultural tastes.

However, it's also important to note that not all individuals have equal access to cultural products and the power to shape cultural tastes. The music industry, like any other cultural industry, is dominated by a small group of individuals and corporations who control the production and distribution of cultural products. In this sense, Bourdieu's theory can help us understand the ways in which the cultural industry reinforces existing power relationships and reinforces dominant cultural tastes.

In conclusion, "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt can be understood as a product of the cultural industry's dominant taste culture and the larger social structures that shape cultural production and consumption. Through the lens of Pierre Bourdieu's theories, we can see how the song's success is a result of its ability to appeal to a wide audience, as well as its ability to serve as a form of social distinction.

william_kent

In conclusion, "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt can be understood as a product of the cultural industry's dominant taste culture and the larger social structures that shape cultural production and consumption. Through the lens of Pierre Bourdieu's theories, we can see how the song's success is a result of its ability to appeal to a wide audience, as well as its ability to serve as a form of social distinction.

GPT3 fucking up again, doing that non-committal sitting on the fence routine that it has been trained to do

no mention of Blunt's reliance on self-medication to deal with his PSTD caused by the UK public school system of bullying and buggery which was only compounded by the war crimes that he committed in Afghanistan

high as fuck and fixating on some poor woman on the London Underground who is obviously in a relationship:

She was with another man
But I won't lose no sleep on that
Cause I've got a plan

beyond creepy

file next to Sting's "Every Breath You Take", the ultimate stalker anthem

Last edited:

william_kent

you dont get barred from the entire country of china for nothing

sort of true

wasn't my fault though

it was the psycho woman I was seeing at the time who was responsible for that

she was smashing up my flat and the mother of the beijing princess ( the mother was the wife of a top level CCP party member ) had to lock herself in the bathroom while my psycho-ex tried to batter in the door and then the Triads turned up and extorted money out of me...none of it was my fault..

Last edited: