Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Was going to say maybe this was cos kurt cobain had a traumatic childhood but then looked up noel gallagher and

Described as "the weirdo in the family" by Liam, he was known to be a daydreamer and a loner who was often reclusive due to his unhappy childhood. Both he and Paul were beaten regularly by their father, who was an alcoholic.[13] In the documentary Supersonic, Noel quipped that his father "beat the talent into him", and that he had never acknowledged or discussed the abuse with a mental health doctor or in a therapeutic setting. Both he and Paul struggled with stammers which were made worse by their father's abuse and were resolved with weekly sessions in four years of speech therapy.[14]

luka

bet kurt cobain had an idyllic childhood playing in the surf and catching racoons in the pacific northwest

• Haha
Reactions: sus

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
he had the right idea. thats why i like oasis. good positive attitude.

right idea but it's still thicko music. i mean come on you were brought up on rnb and rare groove.

You and padraig share this teenage idiot energy in the dissensus approved (?) united guitar world of Oasis. I mean, I'm sure Padraig hates Oasis, but you know, this is why I think teenage idiot energy is primarily a rock derived concept. Although of course rap is primarily made by teenagers for teenagers, but its more street smart.

This is why Kulkarni is wrong. Ban all rock music. Oasis is the symptom (in the lacanian sense) the drive itself must be eradicated.

I mean, I like more guitar music than you so I have much more to lose here, but nevertheless, there must be a moratorium on all bands, any discourse to do with bands, especially from Manchester. No more rock n roll, punk is haram!

dilbert1

Interesting thing is that Gen-Z have taken the term breakcore for themselves, and use it for this PS1 aesthetics internet jungle.
I just found a fuming email I wrote to a friend from an exchange we were having last year about these video game OST jungle compilations blowing up on Youtube. He was having fun listening to the cute/slightly uncanny Japanese imitations. I was naturally more focused on (and triggered by) the increasing ubiquity of these comps as an online cultural phenomenon :geek:

Its sad how many people my age/younger make the fact they had an N64 or watched Toonami as a kid into their entire personality. They should have changed out of their pajama pants and went outside more, perhaps encountered some street music… i don’t really have love for 100% nerded out people, theres an immaturity and regression into adolescence that taints art, their taste is always dictated by memories and emotions connected to their childhood, they are always trying to recapture a feeling they had at 9 years old… fucking creeps me out
its not that i dislike that the tracks are half baked, its the fact that the listeners who dont know shit are acting like theyre not quirky sketches and fun ideas, but EPIC UNTOUCHABLE masterpieces and bangers… The explicitly commercial watered down background music for a children’s toy is what everyones now attracted to, music made for a free purpose or to push a sound is less appealing because it cant be associated with nostalgic IP to comfort their underdeveloped ego. Take your anime pfp and go back to the basement.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I was chatting to this much younger girl/woman from London and she kept using this word... I think it was "peak". I think she said "It was really peak" or "so peak" or something and I took it to mean intense or similar.

But I could have both misheard the word and got its meaning wrong - was tempted to ask her but realized I would feel even older...

Anyone heard this can help me out?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I was chatting to this much younger girl/woman from London and she kept using this word... I think it was "peak". I think she said "It was really peak" or "so peak" or something and I took it to mean intense or similar.

But I could have both misheard the word and got its meaning wrong - was tempted to ask her but realized I would feel even older...

Anyone heard this can help me out?

the peak of being something bad/shit/awful/naff. That's peak man.

what was the context?

also peaks been around in london slang for days.

sus

Or even what your kids are into, if you have any

exhibit A

"so sweet like a Mellotron"
I was in college when this kinda stuff started rolling out, and the really cool weirdos were obsessed with it, and I tried so hard to love it, and it just never synced up with my emotional wavelengths. I'm still trying.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
do the oxfordshire mandem even have slang though. sketchy is hardly a slang word by now. Multicultural oxfordshire English. MOE.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
They probably still say rumpy pumpy like Denis Healey. Although of course England's monarchs are so shit they won't have Petronella Wyatt executed for treason. Useless country.

even plaid @craner would do a better job.

william_kent

"peak" used to mean good, like the best psychedelic experience ever - like PLUS FOUR on the Shulgin scale

• PLUS FOUR, n. (++++) A rare and precious transcendental state, which has been called a "peak experience," a "religious experience," "divine transformation," a "state of Samadhi" and many other names in other cultures. It is not connected to the +1, +2, and +3 of the measuring of a drug's intensity. It is a state of bliss, a participation mystique, a connectedness with both the interior and exterior universes, which has come about after the ingestion of a psychedelic drug, but which is not necessarily repeatable with a subsequent ingestion of that same drug. If a drug (or technique or process) were ever to be discovered which would consistently produce a plus four experience in all human beings, it is conceivable that it would signal the ultimate evolution, and perhaps the end, of the human experiment.
    — Alexander Shulgin, PIHKAL, pages 963–965

edit: how times have changed... old man grumbling, etc,