malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
mr male heterosexual man (feminine (reputed)),

you may be interested by the novel premise that gender may in fact be "intersubjective"
Yes, gender is intersubjective. Other people must recognize and accept me as a member of my gender in order for me to pass as a member of said gender. This I already knew, thank you. Where were you going with this?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I've been into PiL since I was like 14, nice try.

This is the defining song of Male Lesbian existence:

Video unavailable
This video is not available

Nice try, but I'm not a kafir so you can't play hard2get with me.

Would you say that John Duns Scotus was a male lesbian? This is probably the most important question I have asked you, so think very carefully before responding.

ghost

Another thing: no one has provided a definition of masculinity, femininity and gender but me. If my definitions are so contentious, someone come up with a better alternative definition.
If you think we shouldn't try to give the best definition but rather an incomplete, indeterminate definition, then you're agreeing with Butler and I. Again, the claim that we don't know or agree on what terms like 'masculinity' and 'femininity' mean is contrary to common sense and practice and about as ridiculous as claiming that masculine and feminine culture don't exist.
Yes, gender is intersubjective. [SNIP] This I already knew, thank you. Where were you going with this?

if gender (and femininity, and masculinity) are intersubjective, then the practice of coming up with a definition doesn't even make sense. the claim that "we know and agree what masculinity and femininity is" is directly contrary to the very obvious statement that such things are intersubjective. the idea of an "incomplete, indeterminate definition" is still notably lacking intersubjectivity, it's still something that you can wield like a truncheon. even if I'll on occasion refer to a femininity or a masculinity, that's very much not the same as trying to define, which is inherently about universalizing.

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
if gender (and femininity, and masculinity) are intersubjective, then the practice of coming up with a definition doesn't even make sense. the claim that "we know and agree what masculinity and femininity is" is directly contrary to the very obvious statement that such things are intersubjective. the idea of an "incomplete, indeterminate definition" is still notably lacking intersubjectivity, it's still something that you can wield like a truncheon. even if I'll on occasion refer to a femininity or a masculinity, that's very much not the same as trying to define, which is inherently about universalizing.

You're going to have to explain your reasoning here. I know a lot about intersubjectivity, and there's nothing in the literature about how if something is intersubjective you can't define it. If something is intersubjective, that means multiple minds can access it. And of course multiple minds can access a definition. And I have no clue what it means to say a particular definition lacks intersubjectivity. If we can all understand the definition, it's intersubjective.

Intersubjectivity presupposes a common, universally accessible world. Agreement is intersubjective, so I don't see how the claim that we know and agree about gender contradicts gender's intersubjectivity. There may be intersubjective disagreement about gender, but then you'd have to provide an alternative definition. If it's a mistake to define gender altogether, then all the better for Butler and I. Remember it was Padraig who claimed my view was defective because it couldn't give a determinate definition of masculinity and femininity. If we don't need to define these terms then there's no criticism against me, other than your unargued claim that feminine culture does not serve as a real alternative to the patriarchy.

Finally, I have no clue what it means to say that an incomplete indeterminate definition of gender lacks intersubjectivity. When I claim "Communal acceptance determines the behaviors that define a particular gender" that is an indeterminate definition that literally states that gender is intersubjective. That's what the "communal acceptance" part means.

Once again you are trying to critique me using Butler's own claims. Please be more charitable in the future. Judith Butler's arguments are so strong that efforts to criticize her just reiterate her own claims ahahahaha.

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
Yo I'm tripping out, I just found a video of this Greek guy saying basically the same thing I am about male lesbianism.

Release your inner girl! Embrace non-phallic sexuality! And always, always eat pussy without asking.

Edit: Here's another awesome Steely Dan tune! Dig those harmonies!

Haters mad cuz the literal dictionary definition of 'sissy' is "an effeminate man".

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
what about geezer-birds and 'ladettes'?
Flourished briefly in the second half of the 90s and then went extinct early in the following decade. There was an exhibition about them in the Natural History Museum a couple of years ago.

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
The site's not allowing me to delete or edit my earlier post, so I'm correcting the typos in it here.
  1. Behavior defines gender (Gender Performativity)
  2. Society enables gender's unstable, historical, ever-changing, fluid, unstable existence as a spectrum (Anti-Essentialism)
  3. Some behavior is feminine and some is masculine (Gendered Behavior)
  4. The patriarchy, the dominant mainstream culture, regulates biological men to act masculine and biological women to act feminine, and anyone who acts otherwise subverts the gender binary (Gender Binary)
  5. Society codes masculinity as the self Same individual Subject and femininity as the Other person (the Beauvoir and Irigaray non-reductive, non-stereotypical indeterminate definition of the two genders)
  6. Some behavior is not gendered.(Gender-neutral Potential)
  7. Masculine culture de-values and represses feminine culture (Patriarchal Subordination)
  8. If men represent femininity, then they counteract (7). (Feminine Representation)
  9. The male lesbian represents femininity by means of his behavioral presentations. (Male Lesbian)
  10. Therefore, men can subvert the patriarchy by acting feminine.

The main problem is, no one can give any examples of (6), of gender-neutral behavior that subverts the patriarchy.

Some have claimed that femininity is just as oppressive as masculinity. These people have effectively claimed that (8) is false, that representing femininity lacks the potential to liberate us.

I don't think anyone will deny premise (4), the existence of the gender-binary. And if Butler is right, there's a whole range of non-binary identities, the most simple of which are the sissy, the feminine man, and the tomboy, the masculine woman.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
b009b4c7-25ac-4e9d-9c7d-a979acb80a08_image_jpeg.jpg

luka

ive been living opposite these poor cunts for years now i think theyre slaves. ive seen them get paler, pastier, fatter, deader eyed. they close for about 20 minutes a day to 'clean' and that's it. living dead.

Reactions: Leo