GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

yeah I do

Anyway, Tactics, do you really like Stryder's album? I think it's absolutely dreadful with it's hiphop beats and cheesy TV theme brass.

I wasn't going to mention it as I'm not trying to hate on it, but there are two tracks on his myspace at the moment, Sorry U and Full Effect, which are terrific straight up grime tracks! Why the hell are they not on there? So, so, so frustrating.

I get what you mean being that I do cuss mc's for doin' more rap type stuff but as Dirty talked about in that piece my boy did stuff like anna are in the past for them...besides that as a full album, a body of work in a snapshot of time or whatever than he's definitely murked. DEFINITELY

those two tracks you spoke about...I dunno if they might make it...I just heard a promo

and i think plastician could maybe do better with this than terror. terror, much as i love him, can be quite samey. not really flexible enough. who knows though. im def going.

Yeah, Terrah basically does a couple of killer tracks every now and then. He's a great producer, but not a particularly prolific auteur, to my mind.

I think you two need to listen to the body of work he's done...no-one in the scene can seriously touch him for range and innovation...actually you know what...

this looks wicked. If you're a producer you know how hard what terrah does is, his shit is fucking ill. Not that he doesn't have flaws but the unique, detailed, futuristic vividness of what he does make me forgive all the self-similarities, undanceable bits, poor choices in vocalists etc.

Seriously, history will look back on Terrah and be like 'wow'.

Truly curious about how he'll respond to Blade Runner. Terrah Vangelis?

I'll let Sizzle just murk with his reply

you are not hating, you are being honest and i agree completely. There is 1 grime track on it think from what i can remember. Rapid makes big beats, where were they for this??

when we people learn, if they want murder inc hip hop, they will go get that. Grime people do grime. I wanna screw up my face and make erratic movements when i hear it, not try and hug up a girl from the closest youth club

back to Strydes...the album is Grime and again back to the same piece...Rapid said that Dirty was on fire so most of his tracks went on whereas he was having a creative drought so boy...

He's always been shit in my opinion.

rah...calm down mate lol - you know you were wrong when you pressed enter lol

Don't talk shit.

Sama tell 'em!

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE BOSSMAN IS A FUNKY HOUSE DJ - show me some evidence dammit - what the f*** is goin' on??!?!

gumdrops

ahhh its over innit... too much ship jumping going on. same thing that happens with every uk genre. weve seen it all before... its sad but nothing new. its inevitable.

I've been fighting the feeling but

ahhh its over innit... too much ship jumping going on. same thing that happens with every uk genre. weve seen it all before... its sad but nothing new. its inevitable.

boy...

*EDIT* forget all what I typed - who knows what will happen...

Last edited:

gumdrops

i didnt see what you typed. un-edit! but you know how it goes. every new genre that comes along, we get our hopes up, and insist it wont happen AGAIN but it somehow does. keeps things fresh i suppose, and constantly moving, but seems a shame in a lot of ways.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
You know, for me, I understand how certain people want to play other types of music because you can get more bookings and make more money. But if I was doing something just to make money I would be in an office. It would be easy for me to play old school, funky house, bassline. Anything else. I'm on Kiss, I have a headstart on every other DJ. But I am not interested in doing things that are easy. I started a job with Grime, and I intend on finishing it.

what if it finishes before you?

You know, for me, I understand how certain people want to play other types of music because you can get more bookings and make more money. But if I was doing something just to make money I would be in an office. It would be easy for me to play old school, funky house, bassline. Anything else. I'm on Kiss, I have a headstart on every other DJ. But I am not interested in doing things that are easy. I started a job with Grime, and I intend on finishing it.

then what? I know you must have a backup plan...

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
If it finishes, which I can't see happening because there is now an entire generation of young people MCing in London and around the UK, then I will have to do what many people have done before me and submit to the banality of a 9-5 and admit defeat.

mos dan

fact music
If it finishes, which I can't see happening because there is now an entire generation of young people MCing in London and around the UK, then I will have to do what many people have done before me and submit to the banality of a 9-5 and admit defeat.

yeah the doomsayers never really have an answer to this.

things are changing, and at dot-alt we're really fucking down about bossman defecting, always been so into essentials and the hazzardous 'next generation' of south mcs too.

but then having let alex finally convince me that things were dwindling (an argument we've been having for a while), i downloaded the young.dot mixtape - now this guy is not going to be a huge star, whatever happens to grime as a whole. but he's producing amazing music with the same raw, aggressive, uncompromising innovation that nasty crew or whoever were doing several years ago.

and who's gonna go and tell him grime is dead when he's making devastatingly raw grime music still? how are trim or tempa t gonna start spitting over funky house?

massive respect to logan for 'starting a job with grime and finishing it' - i'm not about to give up on grime yet either.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
what if grime mcs start jumping on dirrt pop/bassline house riddims? I can see those hybrids happening and lets face it grime riddims generally could do with some fresh air

mos dan

fact music
what if grime mcs start jumping on dirrt pop/bassline house riddims? I can see those hybrids happening and lets face it grime riddims generally could do with some fresh air

i like a bit of bassline, and i like pop, and i'm open to new hybrids and all, but 'dirty pop' specifically is the biggest bit of empty branding ever. cameo = wasted.

Noah Baby Food

they are already. jamakabi's done a tune for Northern Line, for one.

grime will live, course it will, quite a lot of kids are good at it now...it'll carry on like punk. all those trying to become the next big entrepeneur off the back of it will presumably move on, but it will carry on like modern folk music. how many grime MCs/DJs/producers are there on myspace? fuckin millions. and if someone does a bit of hip hop and/or bassline or whatever as well, what's the problem? it's all gravy.

fuck 'dirty pop' though. WHAT DOES IT MEAN, REALLY DOE?

Noah Baby Food

cameo = wasted.

And briefly, on this subject: I booked him to play at a do in Leeds a couple of years ago and found him proper up-himself and rude. You're not THAT famous bruv, my mum hasn't heard of you or anything, so SECKLE. If our paths ever cross again I will happily tell him so! Humility, grasshopper!

petergunn

plywood violin
they are already. jamakabi's done a tune for Northern Line, for one.

"what we do"

is that on Northern Line? there's def some MC bassline stuff on Northern Line (Trouble w/ MC Skibadee), but i swore tha was on a different label...

also the Agent X Vs. Lethal B 12" is on a similar vibe...

in small doses that stuff is cool...

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Grime MCs will never be big in Bassline strictly because the crowd do not like MCs spitting all over the tunes. Even when MCs like Jamakabi or Footsie have featured on Bassline tunes, they have been dubby mixes using only one or two lines of lyrics interspersed through the tune.

gumdrops

its great young dot or whoever are producing raw hard uncompromising music but if the genre as a whole isnt trying to compete on the same level, then thats a bit of a downer. but doesnt mean i wont be paying attention to whts going on in grime anymore. i hope it continues. i just hope the beats get (a lot) better though and the mcs get some inspiration fast cos lately its sounding pretty dry. and its great that kids all over london are MCing - i just pray some of them are good! im hoping/thinking the MC-focus will continue but some new style of production is going to emerge... and its not gonna be all ridiculously super darker than dark/harder than hard and badman-obsessed like grime. which might not be a bad thing.

i just hope the beats get (a lot) better though and the mcs get some inspiration fast cos lately its sounding pretty dry

hold on there, theres plenty of sick beats out there, if you want i will start to list...

the thing about the inspiration is what gets me, but just look at people like goodz, trim, wiley, generals....jesus thats a list of talent - dont write that off to bassline house or whatever.

and about slew dem? they're booked to play rhythm factory this friday along with a whole host of mc's, looks like a wicked night, a bit dear though (£11). i'd kill to see em live, chronik with tempa t jeezz - raw and uncompromising anyone???

bun-u

Trumpet Police
...and about slew dem? they're booked to play rhythm factory this friday along with a whole host of mc's, looks like a wicked night, a bit dear though (£11). i'd kill to see em live, chronik with tempa t jeezz - raw and uncompromising anyone???

£9.50 if you buy on the mypsace (link below)...and don't forget the special guest

(Video flyer)