A Liniment's Evil Work

A Livelier Twin Monks
sounds sweet, but you guys must go f*ckn hard if my set is the warm up
last set i did for praxis, even i find it hard to listen back to the last 15 min even if i'm the one that mixed it lol

Version

O9A INSIGHT ROLE
@william_kent i will go halves with you on a knees up, we could book twh and have @IdleRich fly in to headline 2-4, @0bleak on the warm up 12-1, mystery slot 1-2 (sweet spot of the night imo), you on the 4am shift, @thirdform to wake up the re-up people from 5-7.

Saturday night is about 1200 I think.

the white hotel - does it have a "backroom"?

I have a few friends I'd want to play ( free party style dubstep ( and UK garage! & and UK Soul Sound system style! ) / dub techno / ketamine chuggers / druggy house / junglist / blood and fire selector, not going to name names at this point but you get the drift )

maxi

do you remember the bit in Rise of the Footsoldier where the girl approaches him in the bar and says "how about I jump in the back of your motor and suck your cock". then it immediately cuts to them having penetrative sex in the front seat of the car. I'm like 'so you didn't do either of the things you promised then.'

Version

O9A INSIGHT ROLE
do you remember the bit in Rise of the Footsoldier where the girl approaches him in the bar and says "how about I jump in the back of your motor and suck your cock". then it immediately cuts to them having penetrative sex in the front seat of the car. I'm like 'so you didn't do either of the things you promised then.'

such a good film

catalog

the white hotel - does it have a "backroom"?

I have a few friends I'd want to play ( free party style dubstep ( and UK garage! & and UK Soul Sound system style! ) / dub techno / ketamine chuggers / druggy house / junglist / blood and fire selector, not going to name names at this point but you get the drift )
It's got a backroom but not a room 2, as such. Backroom is like green room for the artists but you can wander in. No sound system in there but I'm sure they would hook it up.

catalog

Meantime, an earlier Mike leigh, is excellent
This just popped up on my fb

zjn7MSS.jpg

DLaurent

Black Angel, the noir. Casts Dan Duryea as a twist on his usual villain roles, very interesting piece. I'd seen it before and forgot about it, but won't forget it now as it's a good one. Similar thing happened to me with The Naked City, just need to solidify it in your mind with a rewatch.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Someone on here recommended a film called Femme and we decided to give it a go - and I'm very glad we did. At first I wondered how they would stretch the story out to fill s film but that wasn't a problem at all. It kinda goes in directions you don't really expect, or to be more precise it suggests several possibilities for how it could develop and keeps you wondering which of them will happen.

Also, I found it an incredibly tense film, there is this ever present threat of things going horribly horribly wrong, a threat that carries with it the promise of danger and sickening violence. But at the same time the film had a lot of emotion attached to it, it's one of those ones that pulls off the neat trick of making you - at least to some extent - sympathise with a character who is a total arsehole and whom we first meet dishing out an unprovoked and savage gay bashing to the main character.

Well, I say main character, but arguably the most important role in the film is not that of the protagonist through whose eyes we see the events unfold but in fact his conflicted wide boy lover. I dunno the actor who played that role but he nailed it totally, the fear in his eyes as he tries to resolve his sexuality with his thuggish dealer lifestyle was truly affecting. In almost every scene I really felt his anguish, his fragile ultra-macho front always seemingly on the edge of complete collapse, eyes darting everywhere looking for an escape that can never be found, while at the same time he quivers with truly frightening rage that could explode at any second - and which is no less frightening for being based on a castle of sand.

Anyhow, there was a bit where we paused it to go for a wee or something and then we started chatting and doing various things and I realised I was subconsciously delaying restarting it cos I was afraid to watch the rest of the film as things approached an inevitable breaking point.

The ending was unexpected, ambiguous and emotional - it wasn't perfect but I have seen many many films where the ending is a real let down and this certainly wasn't one of those.

So, tense, intriguing and emotionally complex, we liked it a lot. Thanks for the tip - who was it who mentioned it by the way?