alex

Do not read this.
I'm surprised at all this drama over Zomby though. Perhaps it's because he's 'big' or something?

All I'm saying is, for all the Zomby detractors, I don't see how he's any worse than say... Ikonika. Call me crazy, but she fell off HARD after the first single. All of these little synthesizer swoons beneath pretty dinky rhythms. The Phonelines (VIP) brought me back, but still... I'd say her stuff is more redundant. But probably because she's quiet, less of a prima dona than Zomby, she gets less critique.

definately cant agree with this..

Ikonika - Millie (much better than please)
Ikonika - Township Funk Remix (bloody well catchy inart)

There is also a bunch of unreleased stuff I am dying to get my hands on (sarah michael, smuch, maintain (ikonika rmx)..

She is also a pretty good DJ too, got a set she did at BOMB a while back

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The Ikonika tune Brackles has been playing recently is wicked... I have to admit I thought the Township Funk remix was shite tho

Hyperdub LP sounds great, nice to have some Mala on wax again...

Quite a lot of shit around at the mo: Untold, Pearson Sound, Falty DL, Joker, Shortstuff, Silkie...

Will be interesting to see if the hype around this stuff translates to big room airings, or if the big DJs will just keep chugging away with dry metallic wobblers.

gumdrops

bass music is a bit of a crap term, considering half the stuff lumped under it isnt even that bass heavy (grime, funky etc).

mms

sometimes
Na same here, they don't have the rhythmic oomph to move people in a club for the most part, his tunes seem to occupy a place where they can clearly slip in alongside garage or dubstep but have 'spaced out' a bit more, but still aren't headfuck enough to keep me interested full length, they get an initial 'wtf' but wear out quickly.. his drums are a bit flat tbh.. still i do enjoy a splash of his stuff dropped when i'm out, Strange Fruit, Float and the Rustie remix.

yep they go off in a club

Client Eastwood

I wonder . . .

genesis_front.jpg

Diss04

threads get mangled
grabbed mount kimbie's EP "scratch on glass" today

fucking awesome

reminds me why i first got into dubstep, it sounds like something from outer space

gumdrops

grabbed mount kimbie's EP "scratch on glass" today

fucking awesome

reminds me why i first got into dubstep, it sounds like something from outer space

i might be missing the point but a lot of this sort of stuff just sounds either old (like late 90s) or like burial/fly lo (so also old and late 90s lol).

Diss04

threads get mangled
i might be missing the point but a lot of this sort of stuff just sounds either old (like late 90s) or like burial/fly lo (so also old and late 90s lol).

was burial late nineties?! surely not...

and i like it because a few of the tracks start of glitchy FlyLo-esque and mutates halfway into some kind of weightless wonky synths that just sound awesome

if any of that makes sense i'm going to high five my left hand instead of my face

gragy10

Veteran Lurker
The Ikonika tune Brackles has been playing recently is wicked... I have to admit I thought the Township Funk remix was shite tho

Hyperdub LP sounds great, nice to have some Mala on wax again...

Quite a lot of shit around at the mo: Untold, Pearson Sound, Falty DL, Joker, Shortstuff, Silkie...

Will be interesting to see if the hype around this stuff translates to big room airings, or if the big DJs will just keep chugging away with dry metallic wobblers.

I think it's getting picked up by big(ger) DJ's, just not Dubstep ones.
Anaconda is pretty big with the euro electro lot (Crookers, Boys Noize etc) and Joker's getting played out by the post indie dance lot (Erol Alkan, Simian Mobile Disco).
Wouldn't suprise me to see Blunted Robots and the techier funky producers get picked up on by US House DJ's as well. I think teh Dirtybird lot are already well aware of what's gone on over here what with Christian Martin playing Night Slugs

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
from XLR8R.com

Disc One
King Midas Sound - 'Meltdown'
Kode9 & the Spaceape feat. Cha Cha - 'Time Patrol'
Darkstar - 'Aidys Girl's a Computer'
Samiyam - 'Roller Skates'
Flying Lotus - 'Disco Balls'
Black Chow - 'Purple Smoke'
Cooly G - 'Weekend Fly'
Zomby - 'Tarantula'
Martyn - 'Mega Drive Generation'
LV feat. Dandelion - 'Turn Away'
Mala - 'Level Nine'
LD - 'Shake It'
Quarta 330 - 'Bleeps from Outer Space'
Ikonika - 'Sahara Michael'
Joker & Ginz - 'Stash'
+ bonus track TBA

Disc Two
Kode9 - '9 Samurai'
Burial - 'South London Boroughs'
Kode9 & LD - 'Bad'
The Bug feat. Warrior Queen - 'Money Honey' rmx
LV feat. Erol Bellot- 'Globetrotting'
Burial - 'Distant Lights'
The Specials - 'Ghost Town' - (Kode9 & Spaceape version)
Kode9 & the Spaceape - 'Fukkaz'
Samiyam - 'Return'
Darkstar - 'Need You'
Zomby 'Spliff Dub' - Rustie Rmx
Ikonika - 'Please'
Zomby - 'Kaliko'
2000F & J Kamata - You Don't Know What Love Is
Joker - Digidesign
Quarta 330 - '9 Samurai rmx'

\o/

THIS TOWN *WOOOOOOOAH* ...

CrowleyHead

Going to buy this... rip "Ghost Town" and "Fukkaz" from the 2nd disc at give it to my friend... and it'll STILL be worth it.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Anaconda is pretty big with the euro electro lot (Crookers, Boys Noize etc) and Joker's getting played out by the post indie dance lot (Erol Alkan, Simian Mobile Disco).

Apparently Shortstuff's new tune on Ramp has been posted up in Erol Alkan's Current Top 10...