Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Cocaine

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Other (GHB, K, etc)

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I love the phrasing; 'toy that turns into drug'. as if it's a transformer that turns into a giant spliff or something.

Yeah, that's just what I thought when I read it. Like it's an evil plot by Mattel or Tomy to get kids hooked on drugs underneath their parents' noses. A bit like Joe Pesci's character in Moonwalker. :)

petergunn

plywood violin
this thread is making me feel pathetically middle-aged: even though i'm only 25, i've pretty much stopped doing drugs except for a few big blow-outs once or twice a year, as i've found that i enjoy baking cakes and listening to radio 4 on sunday mornings too much!

you have a girlfriend who knits, don't you?

turtles

in the sea
May I just be the first to comment that when you're actually on drugs these threads get kinda complicated. please start thread on coffee i will need that tomorrow.

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
It's all about 'shrooms. If I could keep them, and have a smoke once a week or so, I'd let everything else go no problems.

Maybe keep NO2 as well, that is jolly good fun it must be said.

Coke is a very tedious experience for me.

H is like chemical buddhism - don't fancy the whole constipated thing though, so no thanks.

I've gone off K too because it gives me this wierd feeling of metallic nausea, like I've just eaten a cream cake full of iron filings.

gek-opel

entered apprentice
It's all about 'shrooms. If I could keep them, and have a smoke once a week or so, I'd let everything else go no problems.

H is like chemical buddhism - don't fancy the whole constipated thing though, so no thanks.

I've gone off K too because it gives me this wierd feeling of metallic nausea, like I've just eaten a cream cake full of iron filings.

I think drugs are utterly screwed by the social context they are presented in within consumer-capitalist society- hence the aggressive machismo and desire for fucked-ness at all costs... not to get too Zhao about it but within a ritualised context the meaning would be so much more sublime and the risks severely limited.

bassnation

the abyss

i like coke, but i find its a very mind-compressing experience. its always about whats going to happen next, never the current moment being perfect. complete anticipatory excitement about nothing. very weird, and totally oriented on consumption - the perfect capitalist drug in effect.

gek-opel

entered apprentice
i like coke, but i find its a very mind-compressing experience. its always about whats going to happen next, never the current moment being perfect. complete anticipatory excitement about nothing. very weird, and totally oriented on consumption - the perfect capitalist drug in effect.

Difficult to get into I found. Crack is probably even more perfect for Capitalism, all head-crushing ear-ringing god-like rush and crushing disappointment. That beautiful hedonic treadmill!

But yeah coke is very much like an advert for something that never actually arrives.

Last edited:

gek-opel

entered apprentice
Hmm... whats really needed tho is an anti-coke that lessens anticipation, lowers expectations, so that anything that DOES occur becomes immediately much more pleasing.

N

nomadologist

Interesting point--I saw this once on a documentary about drugs and their rise in the West--lots of psychologists and psychiatrists saying our problem is we have extremely potent forms of drugs that have been around forever, but no religious or social context to do them in. In south america they were doing less potent cocaine for hundred of years, and no one ever got addicted to it.

This doc (wish I could remember the name) had a lot of interviews with ayahuasca shamans in it, and they are all my heros. Check the Pablo Amaringo (former shaman who "saw god" and decided never to go back to the land of the dead) art work.

pablonewl.jpeg

pablonewf.jpeg

N

nomadologist

coke is extremely neurotic. i'm like the laziest most disaffected loser, but on coke i can sure get upset about the paper towels being off the rack!

bassnation

the abyss
I dunno...half the fun of a night out is anticipating what happens next.

yeah in fact how often does reality match up to expectation? same with relationships, i might be weird with this, but i much prefer chasing someone than actually catching them. i like the idea of endless possibilities - the moment one of them becomes a reality its kind of crossed off the list thus reducing the anticipatory smorgasbord.

bassnation

the abyss
Hmm... whats really needed tho is an anti-coke that lessens anticipation, lowers expectations, so that anything that DOES occur becomes immediately much more pleasing.

thats weed you just described there. even reduced stimuli (sat watching tv stoned) seems more pleasurable. weird thing too, when i've done coke in the past, i never feel like smoking.

N

nomadologist

the anti-coke is heroin!!

you really don't want anything to happen...and you lose any neurotic tendency you may have had right quick