Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Cocaine

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Other (GHB, K, etc)

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

gek-opel

entered apprentice
That is the thing tho- the idea of a perfect moment of absolute horror (ie- the inhuman sublime) has a great appeal to me- not misery or "darkness" per se but totally inhuman awe and terror. If God is real (and its not) then it would be manifested as this as it passes through the human domain... and hence it fulfilled an almost mystical function, outside of anything warm or reassuring. "Enjoyable" in the same way as Guernica or a documentary on the holocaust or "the electrician" by Scott Walker... sublime horror... like a confrontation with the real itself.

bassnation

the abyss
I get "bad trips" on e--heart palpitations, extreme irritability, panic attacks. So I finally realized I shouldn't ever take it.

Body chemistry is so mysterious eh?

i just think you were probably unlucky with the quality. maybe you should come over to the uk on a "self-realisation" holiday!

N

nomadologist

This is an interesting thing to take from acid, you sound like my bf, he does this to himself sometimes and I think he ultimately feels like he benefits from it.

You're right about God! God is experienced as the most supremely horrific thing there could possibly be on acid.

N

nomadologist

i just think you were probably unlucky with the quality. maybe you should come over to the uk on a "self-realisation" holiday!

I am absolutely sure I was. Seemed to work fine for everyone else, though!

My bf's sister lives in London, and he said it's crazy over there, people just take that shit while they're sitting at a pub! He said he took a half and rolled his face off.

bassnation

the abyss
That is the thing tho- the idea of a perfect moment of absolute horror (ie- the inhuman sublime) has a great appeal to me- not misery or "darkness" per se but totally inhuman awe and terror. If God is real (and its not) then it would be manifested as this as it passes through the human domain... and hence it fulfilled an almost mystical function, outside of anything warm or reassuring. "Enjoyable" in the same way as Guernica or a documentary on the holocaust or "the electrician" by Scott Walker... sublime horror... like a confrontation with the real itself.

theres definitely something about it which hints at much bigger truths, annoyingly out of view. like when everything dissolved into white noise, it was like everything was different levels of vibrations, but obviously interbound. i find it hard to put into words, but probably one of the few truly spiritual experiences i've ever had, but still not that enjoyable. its pretty much the abyss to be honest. and ever since i had those experiences, its like my mind is open to it in everyday life now.

Last edited:
N

nomadologist

I think my brain tends naturally toward the state that acid brings about, so I really feel like I'm just facilitating what feels most natural for me. I think Noel said this before, but when I take acid I feel like I just went "home" (or let's do a k-punk here and say "un-home") and I can finally relax.

gek-opel

entered apprentice
Initially the key thing was not that all was one, but that all was in endless conflict at every conceivable level, word by word in a war of attrition that filled every second and every space, total war. Eventually the social disappeared and was replaced by the purely internal. Interesting though. I got exactly the same on Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds...

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Have you read John Lilly's 'Center Of The Cyclone'? - this is like the experience he classifies as a -3 (I think - he has a whole system for denoting various states / levels) - it's absolute horror but it also corresponds to the bliss state +3 with which it is entirely equivalent - merely a matter of perspective. He talks about being manipulated by meaningless cosmic machinery.

Last edited:
N

nomadologist

when everything dissolved into white noise

Dude, how many microdots did you take? ? ??

It would take probably 5-6 hits of liquid to get that harshed. By then, you'd really only be seeing water like patterns everywhere, because visually liquid is so much better/stronger.

gek-opel

entered apprentice
I think my brain tends naturally toward the state that acid brings about, so I really feel like I'm just facilitating what feels most natural for me. I think Noel said this before, but when I take acid I feel like I just went "home" (or let's do a k-punk here and say "un-home") and I can finally relax.

I think the unheimlich is more what I was describing (cf K-Punk's useage with regards to "The Shining"- he's always been there, even before he arrived at the hotel... and THATS sublime horror...)

gek-opel

entered apprentice
Have you read John Lilly's 'Center Of The Cyclone'? - this is like the experience he classifies as a -3 (I think - he has a whole system for denoting various states / levels) - it's absolute horror but it also corresponds to the bliss state +3 with which it is entirely equivalent - merely a matter of perspective.

This is interesting. I'll look that up actually. It probably though comes down to whether you are willing to "give up" on the self. Even if I'm reduced to a sheer bare screaming pin prick dot of "I" I hold on.

bassnation

the abyss
Dude, how many microdots did you take? ? ??

It would take probably 5-6 hits of liquid to get that harshed. By then, you'd really only be seeing water like patterns everywhere, because visually liquid is so much better/stronger.

it was half a microdot. i've always been very sensitive to most drugs and i can feel nuances even weeks afterwards. when i first took it i had a headache and i remember seeing the tendrils of pain coming out of my head like the branches of a tree in winter as it came on.

felt a bit like this, as it progresses.

Last edited:
N

nomadologist

Bass, if you were my friend, I would've taken you to get a thioridazine (is this the one? forget) shot. I'm sorry your friends didn't help you out, that was not fair of them.

Doing acid with the wrong people can be horrifying in and of itself.

bassnation

the abyss
This is interesting. I'll look that up actually. It probably though comes down to whether you are willing to "give up" on the self. Even if I'm reduced to a sheer bare screaming pin prick dot of "I" I hold on.

yep thats me or rather "i want to be meeeeee!"

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Yeah - you got it.

-3 "Like + 3 in that one is fused with other entities throughout the universe but these are all bad and one's self is bad and meaningless. This is the quintessence of evil, the deepest hell of which one can conceive. This can be an extreme*ly high energy state lasting etern*ally, though by the planetside clock one is there for only a few minutes. No hope of escape from it. One is there forever.

http://www.whale.to/b/states.html

gek-opel

entered apprentice
it was half a microdot. i've always been very sensitive to most drugs and i can feel nuances even weeks afterwards. when i first took it i had a headache and i remember seeing the tendrils of pain coming out of my head like the branches of a tree in winter as it came on.

felt a bit like this, as it progresses.

I "crashed" out of it right at the peak (ie no tailing off just a juddering snap back to reality). I thought I had given myself serious brain damage that way... but asides from having severely fucked my sleeping state (ie- sleep paralysis etc) up for the next 5 years I was fine the next day.

Last edited:

bassnation

the abyss
Bass, if you were my friend, I would've taken you to get a thioridazine (is this the one? forget) shot. I'm sorry your friends didn't help you out, that was not fair of them.

Doing acid with the wrong people can be horrifying in and of itself.

well, we'd sent out for e's but not enough came back for everyone lol. i remember the bastards making me make tea for twenty people some taking 2 / 1 / zero sugars, multiple configurations ("this teas fucking horrible!") and some welsh thugs arriving about 3am the kind of people who sit there making silly noises and trying to weird you out. ha ha.

i was a lot younger then obviously. i had a job interview the next day which needless to say i never attended.

N

nomadologist

You always have to remember it will be over in 12 hours tops (depending on how much you take). Sometimes people who cling to the "me" thing have a bad trip because they smoke weed or hash and get all paranoid. Only smoke hydro with acid.

I think taking downers with it is pretty essential the more I think about it.

N

nomadologist

well, we'd sent out for e's but not enough came back for everyone lol. i remember the bastards making me make tea for twenty people some taking 2 / 1 / zero sugars, multiple configurations ("this teas fucking horrible!") and some welsh thugs arriving about 3am the kind of people who sit there making silly noises and trying to weird you out. ha ha.

i was a lot younger then obviously. i had a job interview the next day which needless to say i never attended.

Of course you had a bad trip!! Poor bass. If someone freaking out, YOU have to make them the tea.

WTF your friends are assholes man.

bassnation

the abyss
Of course you had a bad trip!! Poor bass. If someone freaking out, YOU have to make them the tea.

WTF your friends are assholes man.

well, you'd sometimes get very dodgy crowds back after raves. i wasn't freaking out, more just sat there fusing with the chair, carpet, walls and the universe as a whole.