maxi

Im just joking. I have no clue whats motivating you or causing you to say these things. No idea

maxi

Have to say though if youre not from a zionist jewish family that does seem weird to me. The points you make are often made by people who were indoctrinated in zionist propaganda from an early age. I sympathise with those people. But if you don't have that kind of emotional tie with no threat of identity crisis that would result from admitting the truth, and are still just lapping up ridiculous propaganda... that is quite odd.

Or maybe youre just basing your opinions on arguments and online forums rather than looking through sources yourself? I dont know

mixed_biscuits

Have to say though if youre not from a zionist jewish family that does seem weird to me. The points you make are often made by people who were indoctrinated in zionist propaganda from an early age. I sympathise with those people. But if you don't have that kind of emotional tie with no threat of identity crisis that would result from admitting the truth, and are still just lapping up ridiculous propaganda... that is quite odd.

Or maybe youre just basing your opinions on arguments and online forums rather than looking through sources yourself? I dont know
My news sources are this thread and The Times in hard copy. The latter is more credible and somewhat more measured; there is some drift in opinion in The Times towards this thread's stance but it certainly hasn't been bedded in yet.

vimothy

yurp
No, not vice versa because Hamas are bad news for Palestinians too
the vice versa is that Israeli aims are as inimical to the interests of the Palestinians as hamas--which you agreed with, upthread. arguing otherwise is unhinged. the interests of the Palestinians are obviously not best served by their annihilation by israel, surely

mixed_biscuits

the vice versa is that Israel is as inimical to the interests of the Palestinians as hamas--which you agreed with, upthread. arguing otherwise is unhinged. the interests of the Palestinians is obviously not best served by their annihilation by israel, surely
Yes, that's why Hamas should surrender.

mixed_biscuits

b) I'm not sure whether you want to consider Israeli lives but, seeing as Hamas are more genocidally inclined, an Israeli capitulation would probably result in wholesale slaughter.

vimothy

yurp
the obvious reality is that Israel doesnt care that much about Palestinian casualties, what it's looking for is leverageā€leverage which comes from it's ability to inflict overwhelming damage in response to any kind of Arab or palestinian operation

mixed_biscuits