grime tapes upload thread

luka

slakk, on a level, i like the grimetapes concept and its nice someones doing that
but one thing that i been wondering.... where are your tapes? al i see on there is my tapes and mad vybez tapes////
also... how about some other dissensus people... you all go on like you been into grime from day dot but where's your tapes though? there's certain people on here as well that i know for a fact have some dirty stashes, like simon, lee and dave, to use their real names and not hotting them up too much... but come, be generous.... let me listen to your ones...
thank you msoses though, non stop working!

The last three I upped are mine, I've put up sidewinder tapes on the site- the East Connection one, Special Delivery & Wolfpack and a couple of studio sets- Nasty @ La Cosa Nostra, the Roll Deep Vs Nasty one.
The Slew Dem slewing Ghetto & Demon on the site, a few others.

I just didn't put them in here, but I can if you want.

My older radio sets are getting ripped bit by bit, I haven't done a lot of the old ones because to be honest they sound like shit and I'm struggling to make them any better. Will be doing so though, I just need to try and clean them up.

Obviously I can't speak for anyone else.

Here's an example of what I was talking about;

It's a Musical Mobb set; J-Wing, Dizzman & Rugrat from Freeze FM
http://sharebee.com/56e4a790

The top fuzz, I just can't shake it, I've blatantly taped a lot of my shit too loud with the headphones on and the bass is a bit too much. If anyone's got any suggestion on sorting it, I'd be glad to hear them. I've been trying but I'm technically limited when it comes to messing about with sound on the PC.

This set is hype as fuck though, that said.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Don't apologise! You're doing such brilliant work. You should apply to the British Library for a grant for archiving spoken word material. I'm serious about that, what you're doing is just great.

mos dan

fact music
Don't apologise! You're doing such brilliant work. You should apply to the British Library for a grant for archiving spoken word material. I'm serious about that, what you're doing is just great.

agreed, this is such a valuable resource. big ups deapoh too, with barefiles he was very much the originator in terms of providing a free online archive of such a broad archive of otherwise unobtainable material.

luka

they could give you money to fly to london and access the treasure trove round my mums house.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
oh god i really want to do that now

Drop this guy a line

Andy Linehan
Curator, Pop Music
The British Library
Sound Archive
96 Euston Road
London NW1 2DB
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)20 7412 7433
Fax: +44 (0)20 7412 7441
Email: nsa-pop@bl.uk

and see what he says, I wouldn't ask for money but just let him know what you're doing, see what he says and then take it from there. In my experience they are really nice people. I think the British Council also give out money for archiving materials, not 100% about that though.

You might have to do a bit of explanation for him about what grime is, what pirate radio is etc, I'm not sure how much they know.

Has anyone got any suggestions on removing the distortion from some of my stuff as evidenced by the Musical Mobb set a page back?

seeing as I'm posting here, here's a load of obscure MCs on a fucking hype. The first one is a rar because it was originally a CD and divided into tracks,

March 03; DJ Madman & Nemesis ft Rinse, Skatzo, Strikey, Blitzman, Looney & Ost
http://s4.massmirror.com/679f0a828e9e91082931c23a23268ffc.html

03 times; Madman ft Spitflamez, Rinse, Nemisis & Cynical
http://sharebee.com/0962b9f8

some 2001 Nasty set coming up in a bit. There's a load of new rips on the site to be honest, I'll list them in one post in here in a bit to save you lot rooting through it.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Slackk I don't think there's much you can do with that. It's totally overloaded, clipping massively. Basically once you've lost the peaks off the signal like that they're gone for good.

At least cassette tape distortion doesn't sound as nasty as digital clipping would though.

Slackk I don't think there's much you can do with that. It's totally overloaded, clipping massively. Basically once you've lost the peaks off the signal like that they're gone for good.

At least cassette tape distortion doesn't sound as nasty as digital clipping would though.

Didn't think so but I'm quite thick when it comes to stuff like that. Worth a try and thanks.

Ach, that set looks fucked. Can't wait to get home now.

2001, Nasty set.
http://sharebee.com/68500f68

Full original crew, Mac 10 & Jammer on deck. Armour, DEE, Stormin, Sharky Major & Hyper
It's a rar because it's split into three.

Jammer does some sick chopping in the first half of it as well, wasn't a bad DJ at all.

Last edited:

luka

lee is a badman! hahaha
you know your collection would eat mine lee....
(make sure you get dean to hand over some of his jewels too)

(soryy i just seen this, been in horse spittle since sunday, lungs and heart are a bit fucked....)

luka

fuck! that just sent shivers down my spine... no lie... listen to this...
downloaded the set...
opened it....
forgot about it....
speakers were switched off, no noise coming out... forgot the thing was playing
just occured to me... oh shit, that set... turn on the speaker, not a word of a lie, first thing i hear
big up bobby bisto!
fucking unreal! my head is spinning and that... thats a good way to come out of hospital...

luka

and slakk that nasty set is easily the best thing you've put on grimetapes so far (not including my ones!) no one got close to nasty crew when it comes to radio. roll deep sets were always so unfocussed and flabby compared to nasty. Ruff squad never had the personell to compete. east co were too inconsistant. these 2001, 2002 nasty sets are as good as grime gets in my opinion and this one sounds as good as anyone i've got. now let me repeat my question from a while ago. go to 6.11 on part one. who is that mc? is that therapist? what happened to him? he was deep.

Last edited: