grime tapes upload thread

luka

hahahah just realised i got that set on tape myself! big up me still! i didn't miss many of those sessions. as soon as that classic doogz dubplate drops and sharky gives it that "sellasise I' i recognised it. who did you get that from?

Last edited:

luka

i probably got the 90 minute version though.... maybe msoses has it already or maybe lee will get it.

Ha, this is one of mine (well, my cousin's), as evidenced by the shoddy quality & weird staggered ripping technique.
It's a sick set though, one of the few Nasty I have. Probably the oldest tape I've got as well.

Client Eastwood

the bleepy tracks on this set. wheeeeeel and come again !!!

(im kinda new to grime so these early sets are invaluable insight, so hold tight all people contributing to the thread)

luka

mate its a classic... its up there with the sistine chapel and the complete works of shakespeare. anyone that doesn't download that should be stood up against a wall and shot.
i cant reccommend it highly enough.
(referring to slakks nasty set, but lee's ruff squad is a gem too, straight out the top drawer do yourself a favour and hit rapidshare...)

Last edited:

luka

in trying to work out about that boyz in da hood mc i found this fantastic easrly doogz interview featuring this wonderful quote

Simonbwoy1: Did Flo Dan really jerk in Wiley's face?
Doogz: Ha ha!

mate its a classic... its up there with the sistine chapel and the complete works of shakespeare. anyone that doesn't download that should be stood up against a wall and shot.
i cant reccommend it highly enough.
(referring to slakks nasty set, but lee's ruff squad is a gem too, straight out the top drawer do yourself a favour and hit rapidshare...)

Innit. i've got a badman Nasty an Musical Mobb coming soon too. Nasty, Dizzman, Rugrat and J-Wing?
Fucked.

Some of these sets are longer than 45 minutes long. Isnt this impossible with tapes? Whats going on, minidiscs, cassette modifications.

Liking the Pulse X devil mix on the first Nasty set.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
I managed to record quite a few sets straight from PC to radio, and shared quite a lot with a guy who used to do the same on DC++.

I used to use 120 min cassettes although they did perish quicker, especially on the car stereo- that fucker chewed up things so badly.

You must have been running a decent set-up to record onto PC back then. Or maybe I'm just slow on the uptake technology wise (probably the latter).

mos dan

fact music
Ha, this is one of mine (well, my cousin's), as evidenced by the shoddy quality & weird staggered ripping technique.
It's a sick set though, one of the few Nasty I have. Probably the oldest tape I've got as well.

been rinsing it all day, so so good. the forward momentum of those riddims were just too much. love hearing the riddim for 'this ain't a game' in a set too (i once worked out which old kung fu movie it came from, but can't remember now - sure i posted the details on dissensus too).

luka

so is the reason you haven't been posting sets that most of them are already on tinternet somehwere lee?
ive got all those cds you gave me over here still, some classics on those, so many sets. you know slakkk the boy you need to get involved is silverdollar. he had the idea for what you're doing in about 2004. (not a insult to you by the way, the idea is the easy bit, theres probably a million people who had that idea, the hard part is getting the momentum and initiave to go through with it0 he must have a million tapes and youd think he'd be sympathetic to the scheme.
i'll try to get in touch with him for you. i don't think he likes me very much though.

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
i'll try to get in touch with him for you. i don't think he likes me very much though.

lol i'd be happy to do the same since, as far as i'm aware, he and i are not on a war ting ;)

or slackk could just pm him of course ;)

luka

does he still go on dissensus though?
(we're not on a war ting, i think maybe i'm just a bit too overbearing in the flesh)

Ach!

Turd on the Run
so is the reason you haven't been posting sets that most of them are already on tinternet somehwere lee?
ive got all those cds you gave me over here still, some classics on those, so many sets.

The one's ripped by LiTTLECHiEF could be, but I know that they weren't shared by that many people. I ripped the t_m_s ones, and I guess even less people have those, although I think a couple already posted are - if they're in MONO and VBR they're mine, but who cares! I've still got one of the Young Man Standing sets on DAT tape aside from the ones ripped - I know there were at least three, maybe four of those on deja.

Last edited: