version

Still the best thing I've ever written so I'm gonna keep posting it everywehre

Have you seen Sanjuro? I'm reading this atm and an image from it popped into my head at this bit...

A stream or brook passes through and nourishes the garden. Heraclitus steps in the stream; it is a new stream; the garden remains. Perhaps our garden has been founded in the path of a flowing. Perhaps a flowing has been diverted through the garden, mineral waters flushing novelty through structure.

One of the key devices in the film is the use of a stream as a delivery system. It flows through the villain's compound and carries the information which brings him down. First, a scrap of torn petition which alerts a couple of characters to his activities. Second, a series of flowers - camellias - which are the signal to attack.

sanjuro6.jpg

• Love
Reactions: sus

sus

Have you seen Sanjuro? I'm reading this atm and an image from it popped into my head at this bit...

A stream or brook passes through and nourishes the garden. Heraclitus steps in the stream; it is a new stream; the garden remains. Perhaps our garden has been founded in the path of a flowing. Perhaps a flowing has been diverted through the garden, mineral waters flushing novelty through structure.

One of the key devices in the film is the use of a stream as a delivery system. It flows through the villain's compound and carries the information which brings him down. First, a scrap of torn petition which alerts a couple of characters to his activities. Second, a series of flowers - camellias - which are the signal to attack.

sanjuro6.jpg
Amazing, no—it's been on my watchlist for a while and I'mma bumpt it up, prioritize it. That's really really lovely.

sus

Thousands of dollars. Corona virus. Bricked phone. Stolen laptop. No backups. Devastating. Thankfully when I die of rabies I won't have to ever think of it again

sus

I'll never recover. I'll be 40 and still have dreams of the unrecovered work. Some of my best

william_kent

What you don't use google drive or something for backups?

you trust the "cloud"?

lol

give it up

digital data is destined for destruction

so many hard drives, media, CDs, DVDs, flash drives, external storage, floppy dics, ALL consigned to oblivion

keep a notebook, pen and paper, otherwise forget it

and really, it doesn't matter

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
you trust the "cloud"?

lol

give it up

digital data is destined for destruction

so many hard drives, media, floppy dics, consigned to oblivion

keep a notebook, pen and paper, otherwise forget it
Silly willy, notebooks can be destroyed. I prefer to memorize everything I need to know. Want to know my 1000 favorite films?

william_kent

Haha I do though, and good thing you didn't call my bluff because my favorite 1000 hasn't been compiled yet.

be sure to post it when you do

and then there will be a server crash

so make sure you use pen and ink beforehand

I had some amazing essays I was going to post on this forum but then I spilt a rum and coke and it poured all my macbook and the genius was lost for ever

and now you're stuck with the brain damaged can't string a sentence together version of me