shakahislop

It made me wish there was more video documentaries about places I'd been when I was younger. If there was a documentary about Oxford in 1995, for example. Perhaps there is!

you can even identify what beethovens on in the background you nerd

the big surprise for me in this is that there were bike lanes going down headington hill in 1988. and the girl he's in the car with, no-one under 50 speaks like that now, it's the west country end of the oxfordshire accent

luka

it's truly diabolical how craner the sadist has undermined simple jacks confidence and faith in himself over the years

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'll say this: the constant barrage of criticism, subversion and outright abuse I've endured on here over the years have made me a better man. Not that much better, I'm still (in Oliver Craner's pithy summation) "basic", but there are now some interesting ornaments hanging off the plain concrete bollard of my soul.

craner

Beast of Burden
You're not basic Corpse you just act it occasionally. I know you're better than that. I encourage your better angel.

IdleRich

IdleRich
you can even identify what beethovens on in the background you nerd

the big surprise for me in this is that there were bike lanes going down headington hill in 1988. and the girl he's in the car with, no-one under 50 speaks like that now, it's the west country end of the oxfordshire accent
So you could drive down Cornmarket in 88, St Aldates looks basically the same, caught the night bus from there many a time - think they went right past @Mr. Tea's former house at the start. She sounds like any minor character from a Morse episode

entertainment

Anyone seen infinity pool? Brandon cronenberg, body horror, fowlesian hall of mirrors games, sex, horror masks, handjobs, bowls of hallucinogenic smoke, Ustashian hyperfascism. I liked it.
After a while it felt a bit like a pageant of contemporary arthouse horror tropes. Some of it was very vivid and slick and gut-wrenching but it did reach a point of diminishing returns. Thought the fictional nation setting was the most interesting idea.