alex

Do not read this.
believe I have my own one here...

When I hold doors open for people and they don’t say thanks, they get ‘THANK YOU’ bellowed in their ear and if there is enough time the door swung back so it hits them as they walk through. Don’t care if you are an old man, a woman with a pram, a pregnant woman or a mute. It’s not hard to make a fucking Thank you gesture is it now

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
co-sign.

My own bugbear - people with children who think that makes them somehow more special/worthy. YOUR CHILD IS NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN EVERYONE ELSE'S LIFE - ONLY IN YOURS.

zhao

there are no accidents
My own bugbear - people with children who think that makes them somehow more special/worthy. YOUR CHILD IS NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN EVERYONE ELSE'S LIFE - ONLY IN YOURS.

the worst. these mothers who think they are saving our species from extinction just because they forgot to take their pills. my girlfriends' sister had one not too long ago, and she expects everyone to wait on her like she's the only breeder in the world.

Leo

yet another door-related complaint (who would have thought there would be so many?):

in a busy store with double doors, and one of the doors always seems to be locked, so everyone going both in and out has to squeeze through one door. why even bother to have two doors if one is locked all the time? :mad:

IdleRich

IdleRich
"these mothers who think they are saving our species from extinction just because they forgot to take their pills."
I liked the SpeakYou'reBranes guy's take on this. In response to someone who signed her stupid point on the bbc message board as "mother of 4"

Why do these people always say “Mother of 4″ or whatever as if that lends weight to their squawking? Do they think that there’s some sort of correlation between intelligence and the level of damage sustained to your twat during childbirth? “I’ve got 4 kids. I’ve spent the last 7 years gurgling into a cot and cleaning up piss, shit and vomit. I rarely interact with other adults and don’t have time to read. The last time I learned anything was from Thomas the Tank Engine. My poor long-suffering foo-foo is now so stretched out of shape that it looks more like a ballsack than a fanny. NOW, LISTEN TO MY OPINIONS ABOUT POLITICS.”
Actually I think that the second-but-last line is a bit unnecessary but I'm down with the rest.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
I liked the SpeakYou'reBranes guy's take on this. In response to someone who signed her stupid point on the bbc message board as "mother of 4"

Actually I think that the second-but-last line is a bit unnecessary but I'm down with the rest.

Well, the women who do that (and it's not always women, I've heard men say this shit too), aren't imparting wisdom they believe they've incurred from their "twats stretching" (although apparently this is what childbirth primarily amounts to in a lot of men's minds). The reason why these women think they can speak with some kind of authority or wisdom is because, the thinking goes, you just don't know anything about life until you have kids. You don't know what really matters yet if you're childless.

And yeah fuck those people, you're not special because you squeezed out a replicant, I'm much more impressed by bacteria, who do it all day everyday than I am by your stupid ass. And leave your kids at home when you go out to eat. Please. For everyone's sake- including yours and theirs.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I really, really like kids and people with kids, but I think I like people who slag off people with kids more, there's a vehemence about people who haven't reproduced (yet) that kills me.

The Carbon Footprint/reproduction argument is always a good one for a laugh.

Last edited:

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
I really, really like kids and people with kids, but I think I like people who slag off people with kids more, there's a vehemence about people who haven't reproduced (yet) that kills me.

The Carbon Footprint/reproduction argument is always a good one for a laugh.

Well, if you really want to do the world a favor, having kids isn't the best avenue... any way you look at it...

There are plenty of people with kids who aren't annoying. But I remember Park Slope in Brooklyn, omg, I used to want to shoot those people.

swears

preppy-kei
I have an ADD brother who's 8 years younger than me, which put me off having kids for life, although I am now really good at Mario Kart 64. Maybe if I was super-rich I'd have kids, leave 'em with the nanny while I go off to shoot pheasants. All these poor people at my work struggling on the same crummy salary as me having to support two or three kids... a shame. Babies are the worst STD I reckon.

zhao

there are no accidents
it's not really about having kids, but only just self serving assholes, and having kids, kind of like doing acid, just amplifies what is already there.

yeah they think their opinions are more valid because they've squeezed one out. at the same time my GF's sister was telling that after she had a baby she stopped caring about politics or the environment or animal rights or any of that stuff. which is absurd because i would think you would care more about what kind of world your child will live in?!?!?

but i do love kids... although the one i live with is hating me currently... can be difficult.

will probably never have one myself.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Didn't realise that would spark such fellow vehemence!

Agree with Zhao, it's anger at the parents and their attitudes, not the kids themselves.

I do like kids generally - that's why it annoys me so much seeing parents who use the kids to channel their narcissism, and who begin to care about other people much less when they have kids of their own, as if other kids are inferior to their own special ones.

alex

Do not read this.
agree with Baboon 100% like them parents who's kids do no wrong, idiots.

I doubt I will ever reproduce, just for the combining factor’s being, A. I couldn’t even look after a dog properly, let alone a child B. Kid’s annoy me, (who has that much energy at 6 in the morning, and now it’s 6/7pm, your fucking tired? MAN UP! ) C. After all the flack I have given people my age for having kids at a young age, I would be such a hypocrite (One guy announced his G/F’s pregnancy at the age of 20 once, I just continued to bellow at him for the duration of the night ‘YOUR LIFE IS OVER HAHAHAHAHAH’) D. Also my lack of sympathy.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Well, the women who do that (and it's not always women, I've heard men say this shit too), aren't imparting wisdom they believe they've incurred from their "twats stretching" (although apparently this is what childbirth primarily amounts to in a lot of men's minds). The reason why these women think they can speak with some kind of authority or wisdom is because, the thinking goes, you just don't know anything about life until you have kids. You don't know what really matters yet if you're childless.
And yeah fuck those people, you're not special because you squeezed out a replicant, I'm much more impressed by bacteria, who do it all day everyday than I am by your stupid ass."
Yeah, that's the thing, blokey had a decent point about people thinking they know best 'cause they've had some new life experience, he didn't really need to descend to the level of "stretched foo-foo" 'cause, funny as it may be, it's not really relevant and undermines his point. Still, seems we're all pretty much in agreement here. I like (some) kids as much as anyone, others are absolute cunts just as with adults.

alex

Do not read this.
Straying off the point quickly.

Haircut’s with a big quiff...don’t do it, you look like a right cunt.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Straying off the point quickly.

Haircut’s with a big quiff...don’t do it, you look like a right cunt.

Misplace'd apostrophe's, hur hur.

One of the main genres of haircut that most frequently looks terrible/hilarious is the spiky, wet-look, gelled-up '80s style flat-top that all the Bangladeshi lads round my part of town sport. Sometimes it's combed down over the forehead into a big shiny fringe that looks like it's been stuck there with a dollop of Brent crude. Genius.

Edit: then there's the Spanish Hedonic Dread-Mullet. Usually offset with some clean-shaven areas for contrast. Hoo boy!

Last edited:

alex

Do not read this.
@ MR Tea, yea guess I am the cunt in the apostrphe respect.

I know exactly what haircuts you are on about, head looks like a pineapple

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
"Spanish Hedonic Dread-Mullet"

lol yeah i've heard that ^ referred to as 'the iberian punk-hippy neckwarmer'

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
"Spanish Hedonic Dread-Mullet"

lol yeah i've heard that ^ referred to as 'the iberian punk-hippy neckwarmer'

And let's not forget the Polish Default Buzz-cut.

God, I could sit here all day categorising hairstyles by subculture/ethnicity... :rolleyes:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Haha, my 50-ish line manager just started talking to me about this 'donk' music that he's heard about on the news.

NO-WHERE IS SAFE!