noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
People buy each other useless joke presents already. This "nothing" thing isn't really any different.
The difference is that it's an explicit foregrounding of the process whereby you are being a tight cunt with no imagination.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The difference is that it's an explicit foregrounding of the process whereby you are being a tight cunt with no imagination.

Pfft. :)

For my dad's last birthday I wrote a cryptic crossword for him - tight, but not unimaginative, I like to think.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
I'm bored, hungover and skint. Doesn't get more festive than that.

I'm not bored really.

Last edited:

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
That's like a Yoko Ono piece or something.
Yves Klein, actually.
If Klein’s goal was to push the monochrome towards its ultimate finality as a state of immateriality, in the transfer of Zones of Immaterial Pictorial Sensibility, he made the immaterial aura of the fetish available for purchase. Following the Ritual Rules for the Transfer of areas of Immaterial Pictorial Sensibility, a set of procedures Klein drafted for the ceremony, a buyer could purchase a space saturated with invisible blue in exchange for pure gold. If the buyer decided to stop at this point, then Klein would keep the gold and the buyer would received a special receipt that resembled a bank cheque. To fully “authenticate” the transferral and receive a zone of immateriality, however, the buyer would have to burn the receipt while Klein, in the presence of a director of an art museum, a well-known art dealer, or an art critic, and two other witnesses, would throw half the gold into a place from which it could not be retrieved, such as a river or an ocean. Only then would the “…fundamental value of the zone definitively belong [to the buyer] and become embodied by him…” The destruction of the receipt as a legal contract (or an art object) and the useless expenditure of pure gold left the buyer in possession of nothing but burning desire and his own body as a spatial zone.

zhao

there are no accidents
rubbish "friends".

this chick i know is always like "let me know when you dj! i wanna come!" last time i invited her to a party, she calls me 1 hour prior, when i'm doing sound check, and asks "is it going to be good?"

.... um... how the fuck was i supposed to respond.

anyhow she doesn't show up.

next time, she calls again day of to ask "are you playing tonight?" I'm like "um.. the flyer was not a joke". so she comes with a few people at 11 PM and says to me "it's kinda empty."

do you think she is TRYING to be as irritating as possible???

anyway she stays until 11:30, says to me "we are going somewhere else, but i liked what you were playing! see you!"

it's pointless but it DOES MY FUCKING HEAD IN YOU DUMB CUNT!!! :mad::mad::mad:

zhao

there are no accidents
Doesn't look that empty

cheers! :)

i forget i'm talking to brits, who live in a place where pubs close at 11. in berlin people dont usually show up to a party until 12 or 1 AM...

there will be christmas and new years NGOMA parties (22nd and 31st), if anyone is around :)

RobJC

Check your weapon
People who think they can get other people to "feel" what they like by inviting them to stuff that the other person doesn't really care about in an attempt to change the way they do things, with the vague reasoning that it may "open their minds" and make them "a better person" when the bottom line is trying to feel validated by making the unavailable want to be with you.

Or something.....

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
People who think they can get other people to "feel" what they like by inviting them to stuff that the other person doesn't really care about in an attempt to change the way they do things, with the vague reasoning that it may "open their minds" and make them "a better person" when the bottom line is trying to feel validated by making the unavailable want to be with you.

Or something.....

total_recall.jpg

STN

sou'wester
It makes me incandescent with rage when I'm waiting to cross the road and someone shoves me to the side, only to stop because they don't want to be run over by the big truck that they have only just noticed is coming (and is the reason I'm waiting in the first place). GRRRRRAHAAAAAHHAAAAAAAA! They should have the courage of their convictions; having shoved me, they must cross, come hell or high water (or big truck).